- Project management
- People management
- Information and records management
- Business system development
- Systems analysis
- Technical writing/editing
- Computer training/technical support
- Software implementation
Management – Sanofi – January 2012 – April 2014
- Director, Global Information and Records Management: Managed the further development and maintenance of the US Information and Records Management (IRM) program infrastructure, reporting to the Head of the Sanofi US IRM program. Included chairing the IRM Working Group and participating in the IRM Coordination Committee (the two IRM governance bodies), developing and leading the IRM Records Coordinator Network (100 plus members), providing project management support to the IRM function, maintaining the US Records Retention Schedule, documenting IRM procedures and conducting training, and developing tools to support the above (e.g., a SharePoint team site, a FileMaker Pro database, and Livelink projects).
Management – Genzyme – January 2008 – December 2011
- Director, Global Information and Records Management: Responsible for overseeing a corporate-wide Information and Records Management (IRM) infrastructure that included standards, policies, procedures, guidelines, communication vehicles, and training and compliance programs. Accountable for global IRM goals and objectives. Worked with senior management to ensure that the overall IRM program effectively met the corporation’s strategic goals. Managed a staff of nine, including FTEs and contractors.
Management – Genzyme – March 2001 – December 2007
- Associate Director, Records and Document Management Services (BioMedical and Regulatory Affairs IT) June 2005 – December 2007
- Associate Director, Technical Documentation Services (BioMedical Operations) April 2004 – May 2005
- Associate Director, Documentation, Training, and Support (BioMedical Operations) March 2001 – March 2004
Systems Analysis – Genzyme – June 1996 – February 2001
- Biomedical Documentation Systems Analyst (Biometrics and Medical Data Systems) August 1999 – February 2001
- Document Management Analyst (Regulatory Affairs IT) June 1996 – July 1999
Technical Communications – Genzyme – March 1994 – May 1996
- Technical Communications Specialist (Manufacturing Operations) March 1994 – May 1996
- Documentation Supervisor (MEDITECH, Medical Information Technology, Inc., Westwood, MA)
- Technical Writer (MEDITECH, Medical Information Technology, Inc., Westwood, MA)
- Research Assistant: Diabetes and Metabolism/Early Mammalian Development (Howard Hughes Medical Institute/Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA; Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA; Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL; University of Chicago Medical School, Chicago, IL)
- Masters in Technical and Professional Writing, Northeastern University, Boston, MA
- Graduate Credits toward a Masters in Clinical Chemistry, Northeastern
- Bachelor of Science (Biology/Psychology) McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Certified Project Manager, Project Management Institute
- Numerous conferences and webinars on Project Management, Information and Records Management, Document Management and Groupware, SharePoint, Knowledge Management, Technical Communications, Training, and The Common Technical Document
- Classes in: Adobe Acrobat; MS Word, MS Project, Excel; FileMaker Pro
- Genzyme’s Leadership Development Seminars: Developing and Motivating; Leading, Managing and Empowering People; Collaborative Working Relations; Teams with Distinction; Collaborative Decision-Making; Process Management; American Management Association “Training the Trainer” course
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- AIIM (Association for Information and Image Management)
- ARMA International (a.k.a. Association of Records Managers and Administrators)
- Boston KMForum
- Former member of the DIA Records Management and e-Archiving working group
- Facilitated a roundtable discussion titled “Long vs. Short View Across the Enterprise: How can we ensure high levels of cross-organizational participation in knowledge-focused projects?” Boston KM Forum Café at Bentley University, 2010.
- Participated in a “Practitioners’ Panel” on Records Management at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at Simmons College, 2009.
- “The Culture Challenge – Marketing Your IRM Program” presented at the ARMA International Conference, 2009.
- “Knowledge Management in BMRA: A Case Study” (with Jim Kiely, Regulatory Affairs Information Manager, Genzyme Regulatory Affairs), poster presented at the Genzyme Science Off-Site, September 2001.
- “Program of Early Development in the Mammal: Synthesis and Intracellular Migration of Histone H4 during Oogenesis in the Mouse,” Paul M. Wassarman and Suzanne C. Mrozak, Developmental Biology 84, 364-371 (1981).
- “Maternal Amino Acids: Direct and Indirect Arbiters of Transplacental Exchange,” George E. Shambaugh III, Boyd E. Metzger, Suzanne C. Mrozak, and Norbert Freinkel, Clinical Research 27:660A (1979).
Interests and Hobbies
- Folk music and dance (board member, organizer, teacher, music librarian, performer, and volunteer)
- Climate Change
- Knowledge management
- Human-computer interaction